Thursday, November 25, 2010

Amen Josh.

This morning I was reminded that my sweet son can say so much even though he can only speak 7 words.

Today I was excited to share a Thanksgiving tradition I have with Josh. Until this year, he has not been interested in the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade but I knew this year he would love it. But when I turned on the TV we still had ten minutes to go before it started. Okay, fine, we will watch the Today Show for ten minutes.

As we watched, they cut to one of their reporters in Afganistan. He was there with Marines. I tried to explain, "Those men and women are not with their families today. They are serving our country." Josh stared intently at the screen. Then said reverently, "Home". At first I was confused, why would he say that? "You want them to come home?" He nodded his head without taking his eyes off the screen.

He watched quietly, snuggled against me, eyes glued to the Marines so far from home. Then as the Marines waved to family, he blew kisses over and over.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. And (even though there are not many in the military who read my blog), a special thank you to all those who serve our country, from me and Josh.

2 comments:

  1. When I read this earlier on facebook, I thought about it and It brought tears to my eyes! We really do take it for granted that we have all our family here with us, (well almost all) for the holidays. What a sweet little boy you have! He definitely taught me a lesson today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thank you for sharing. Josh is a great little soul, and he is lucky to have such a devoted mommy!

    ReplyDelete