Thursday, June 27, 2013

Josh's hair!

Josh has been super excited that I have been letting him pick what haircut he gets. First he wanted this hair: (the kid with purple hair and yellow goggles)


I keep trying to explain to him it is really more of a hair STYLE not a hairCUT and that mommy is not that talented. Although he is disappointed, he loves his new hair. After finding pictures, I realized it looks like he is not so thrilled with his hair so you will have to take my word for it. He has been so happy with it that he asks me to take pictures of his hair about once a week. Oh, and the color is a spray in that his school put in for field day. He loved it.


And since I love my hair too (thanks Stacy), we took some hair pictures together! And since our hair is just so totally punk rock according to Josh, we had to take some head banging photos, which ended up being me head banging while trying to take a picture and Josh laughing his head off at me.


If you didn't know/realize, Josh loves the movie "School of Rock". He also loves playing "family rock band" which is essentially playing the radio/cd/mp3 player really loudly while I sing and play guitar and Josh screams and plays drums...LOUDLY. This may get a mix up with dad pulling out his electric bass and/or grandma grabbing the tamborine/maracas. Extreme decibels and happiness ensue.

But that is not all, Josh not only thinks his hair is "punk rock" hair but also "ninja" hair as well. Here are some of his new moves that he insisted I take pictures of.


To the untrained eye, he may appear to be imitating John Cena do his weird hand wavy thing. Obviously I don't watch enough wrestling (thank goodness). But no! He is actually karate chopping, otherwise known as waving his hand vigorously while saying "Ya! Ya! Ya!"


This is a very important move. It is usually coupled with picking up one of the legs into the air and a lot of grunting. He am not sure what he thinks he looks like but I know it is supposed to be a ninja move and I am expected to say, "Wow! What a strong guy you are!" or something to that affect. Either way, it is super cute and totally weird.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the picture from school of rock, I was like "this is going to be an awesome post!" AND IT WAS! 3rd pic down he totally looks like the token 'bad boy' in an all boy pop band! I dont know if the last ninja move/pose has a name, but in yoga it is a 'Warrior II' and he is totally rocking it ;)

    ReplyDelete