Saturday, October 19, 2013

Color Run 5K

I am so proud of my husband.  Last September he decided to make a life change.  He began changing how he eats and working out everyday.  He tends to be a little obsessive so he has taken this new experience and jumped in head first.  He has learned all about nutrition, how to build muscle, etc. and he lives it and breathes it.  He has been "hiking" which is really more running up a mountain all summer long.  On one of these runs he happened upon Eli (Abby's brother) and they have become workout buddies.  I think it was meant to be. They decided to run in the Color Run, Tyler's first 5K.  Josh and I had a fun time waiting near the finish line.  It was freezing cold and everything was covered in frost.  Josh spent a good amount of time playing with the steam coming from his mouth.


When people began trailing in, Josh would get super excited and I would have to say, "It isn't Dad yet".  Then I saw two bluish figures that could be them.  I wasn't sure until I saw Tyler push his glasses up his nose in the way only he can.  Here they come!  


Tyler says the only thing that was clear when crossing the finish line was Josh's ear piercing screams of joy.


They came in after less than 30 minutes of running.  I believe they were between 20-25th place although I am not sure.  



Josh was worried that Tyler might get him dirty.  


Not long after, they began to feel the cold.


Totally gross but kind of awesome



Eli gave his sunglasses to Josh.  Josh loves sunglasses and I love what a ham he is.


There were free massages for the runners and Tyler and Eli decided to get one.  Josh was so full of energy he decided to blow off a little steam.  



After laughing at Josh's antics, I turn around and Tyler is getting his butt rubbed by two young ladies.  Josh laughed so hard he could hardly stand.  



They had a couple of guys there using leaf blowers to get off some excess color.  This guy looks like he loves his job.  



By this time, my toes had gone completely numb and Josh thought that he was freezing to death.  Tyler gave Josh his hoodie and we got a few more smiles out of him.  



I love this ridiculous picture.  I wanted to get one more picture of Tyler but Josh (now given more energy from the warmth of the hoodie) wouldn't stay out of the picture.  Tyler would stop, I would lift the camera, Josh would jump in front of him, Tyler would try to move, repeat.  It was adorable though.  




It has only been one year but I can't believe the amazing changes that Tyler has made.  I am so proud of him.  

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I love the pictures :) ... he totally looks like a zombie in the one with josh and the hoodie! I'm glad you got some shots of Eli too, I am happy he gets to hang out with you guys all the time now :)

    ReplyDelete