Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I guess this is growing up...


So, I have made some big plans to do something fun with my son everyday of Spring Break. I want to create memories and really be a mom before I have to go back to school and prepare for the final month of school.

So yesterday I took my sweet little boy to the park. We had a little picnic, played on the big toy, had an all around good time. Josh wanted to swing on the big boy swing. I hesitated because I worry but he is getting so big and I have been trying to let him be one. I don't want my son to feel frightened of the world. I don't want him to feel like he needs me for everything or that he needs to be a baby forever. So I let him.

He was having such a good time. He was doing so well. I was trying to keep him at a safe level...and than he fell. It was a scary, twisting fall and he hit the sand. I was able to calm him. He wanted to get on the little kid swings and soon he was laughing like his usual self.

I tried to get him to come with me to feed the ducks but he wouldn't walk. I picked him up and walked him to the ducks. He LOVED feeding the ducks. He was smiling and laughing while they clambered over each other. A Canadian Goose came up to him, he held out a piece of bread and before I could tell him that was a bad idea *CHOMP* the goose bit his little fingers. He totally freaked out.

I tried to get him to walk around the pond but he wouldn't. He wouldn't stop crying and whining and I figured he was just tired. Into the car. Getting out of the car he shrieked in pain as I was getting out of the car. I knew something was off then but when we got inside he started playing like normal.

I called my mom, I called his doctor. To the ER. 3 hours, 1 brain scan, 3 X rays, and a continuous screaming meltdown later we were going home. Nothing wrong. As soon as I got home I noticed his wrist was swollen. The only thing they didn't X ray. Mom said let him sleep and reevaluate in the morning.

This morning it was definitely swollen and he couldn't grasp anything tightly. Back to the ER. This time my lovely little sister and her husband came with. Thank goodness. They are the best distracters and the sweetest couple. I love them. 3 hours later, they told us he had a green stick brake. That is actually good news as far as breaks go.

So now he is sleeping with his little splint on. We'll get the cast next week. I guess this is growing up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an eventful day... And only a little in a good way. I hope he heals quickly. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete