Monday, February 11, 2013

My melodramatic, sweet, tenderhearted boy

My son is so sweet. I told him I was sick with a cold and he made a sad crying face then clutched his hands together and brought them to his forehead like a prayer and began babbling. When he was done, "Are you praying for me?". He nods, lets out a fake cry and does it again. Thanks honey.

Later this weekend, he wanted to watch The Fox and the Hound. I was doing my homework and he was eating lunch at the table. It was at the part when the old woman has to take Tod to the forest and let him go. The song is about letting go and keeping the person in your heart. Suddenly I hear sobbing. I look up and see Josh not just sobbing but he keeps putting his face in one hand and pounding his fist on the table with the other. Then wiping the tears from his face, sniffing loudly and then doing it again.

2 comments:

  1. To be fair, that is the most dramatic and sad scene in a movie ever! Your little boy is a sweetheart, I love hearing your stories of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww-I'm glad you capture these sweet memories for us to share with you.

    ReplyDelete