Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pioneer week begins with Special Kids Rodeo 2013

So by Pioneer week, I really means 2 weeks of Pioneer Days fun and excitement! First this week was the Special Kids Rodeo. This year like every year was an awesome experience. They had the usual riding horses, Sundance the dancing horse, stick horse barrel racing, face painting, roping, "wild bronco" riding, and rodeo clown barrel rolls.
Josh came in style looking very grown up. :)

Josh got to brush Sundance's teeth. He still loves Sundance. It does make me sad that he can't remember how much Sundance used to mean to him. He doesn't remember the year that Ron Gardener and Sundance were his summer. He adored that horse and Ron was so good to him. I will never forget though, they both have a special place in my heart.

He roped a straw bull with a little help from a cowboy.

Oh, and that's right! Olivia came with us!

Josh was riding in circles. Olivia just stood there pointing and yelling, "There's my Josh!" "That's MY Josh!" "My Josh!" over and over and waving when he came near. It was so darn cute. I tried to tell her he was my Josh but she would have none of it.

They both got to ride the "bucking bronco". It is always a big hit and Josh even managed to ride with one hand in the air for a couple of seconds.

They ended the day playing in the park together and Josh pushed Olivia on the swings for a bit. Oh yeah, then he did what he does best. He stood awkwardly close to strangers and stared at them. For a good 5-10 mintues. Just stood and stared. He has done this since he was little. You can tell he is just analyzing the crap out of them. It feels like he is trying to figure people out.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The mustache pic! With his hands on his hips like that I keep expecting him to break into a Muppet like jig :) Loved all the stories too!

    ReplyDelete