Thursday, December 19, 2013

Seeing Santa 2013

I love traditions.  One of our favorites for the holidays is going to Breakfast with Santa.  This breakfast is for children who attend the special needs classrooms in the Weber School district (maybe more than just our district).  It is so fun.  This year Josh has really wanted to give Santa a picture.  He has drawn/colored countless pictures and had me write "I love Santa" on them.  So when we went to see him we brought one of them with us that said, "I love you Santa.  Thank you for bringing presents.  Love Josh" with a scary picture of Santa and a million stickers.  Josh has been into drawing pictures of people with a bunch of little circles all over their faces.  I am not sure if it is the pox, freckles, or in this case maybe a beard, but it is freaky.  


Josh started feeling embarrassed or shy in the line and was worried about giving it to Santa.  People kept commenting, "Oh, you brought your list for Santa?"  No way!  Not my kid.  He brought a thank you note.



Afterwards we eat breakfast while we get entertained by magicians, jugglers, elves, singers, and other such entertainers.  Josh still was antsy so we took some pictures.  

















Such a great time.  I love that boy and his craziness.  We listened to Christmas carols and sang all the way home.  That was the perfect way to start our day.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You guys make my heart smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my grandson, Josh. A thank you note for Santa instead of a list. I love that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete