Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hurts so good

Chantelle waxed my arms, face, and arm pits today so I can be ready for Vegas this weekend. Arms and face, no big deal. It doesn't hurt really and I love the results. Arm pits? Those are a different story. Usually I try to not have Josh with me so he doesn't hear my gasps of pain as my nerves scream at me for being so cruel. If you have never gotten your arm pits waxed you wouldn't understand. The first time went a little like this: Chantelle rips off the strip with a huge tearing sound. I say, "It wasn't that....ARGH!!!" My nerve endings literally could not believe what I had just done to them. They sat there like, "Did she just?...No...Holy crap, she did, quick tell the brain." Then horrifying pain.

But today there was no getting around it. Josh was going to witness the joyous event. He got bored with the arms and the face but somehow he sensed a change in the air when I was getting ready to do my pits. He wants to watch, no, not watch, he wants to soak in every terrifying detail. He had his face so close to my arm pit I thought he was going to get his cheek stuck on the wax. Finally we convinced him he needed to be on the other side to hold my hand.

He held my hand, patting my arm and whispering in a soft calming tone. I was looking at him and the second Chantelle ripped my face must have given away the spectacular things going on on the other side of the table because in one moment he was whispering sweet nothings and the next he was on the other side of the table, eyes wide looking like he just saw the worst and best thing in his life. He was sweet enough to sign "Stop" to Chantelle but his hands said stop and his face said, "That was awesome, again!"

Luckily, this time I didn't bleed too much. Josh think: horrific pain?= okay, tiny scratch with blood? = death. He continued to be fascinated with what Chantelle was doing and in between whispering "ow" he insisted that she stop "cutting" me with tweezers while she plucked the stragglers.

Ah, adventures of the summer are beginning already.


3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, and by the by, my arms etc. look beautiful. Chantelle did a fabulous job.
    Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I just love reading about you and your little boy!It always makes me smile! As for Chantelle being awesome I totally agree! In fact just today I woke up and I must have been positioned funny 'cause all the arm hairs were pushed up the wrong way, no amount of lotion would make them stay down. Well at the daycare we are learning about farms and we were talking about sheep. I was explaining to the kids that sheep grow wool to keep them warm. Then I was trying to connect it to what we use sheep for and asked the kids if we grow wool to keep warm. All of the kids go NOOO!! except for one little boy sitting next to me who says "well you kind of do" and petting my arms, "see" he says looking up at me, "its all fluffy!" And I thought to myself.. I need to schedule a time with Chantelle!

    ReplyDelete