Saturday, November 10, 2012

First snowman of the year

It snowed last night...a LOT. I have not truly enjoyed the snow for years now. Sure it can be beautiful but it is also cold and I normally have to do snow removal. But it was one of those weird snows. It didn't stick much and then it melted off roads/driveways/sidewalks by noon. I was surprised when I stepped into it just how deep it was (almost to my knee). But the sun was out, it was relatively warm, and it was perfect packing snow. So I bundled Josh up to build our first snowman. We have built a snowman or two in the past but he has never really been into it. It is exceptionally difficult for Josh to walk in the snow. But this year was perfect. He still spent most of the time throwing snowballs at me while I rolled out the pieces or ringing the doorbell and pelting Sharon with snowballs when she answered, but that just made it more perfect. We tried sledding too but the snow was so deep and had not been packed down so we went under the snow rather than sledding on top of the snow. It was so much fun. We laughed our heads off. I don't think I have had this much fun in the snow since our first year in Utah.






And this is "Josh" the snowman. Unfortunately, since our options are limited, Josh names everything either "Mom" or "Josh" and Josh won out this time. He is giving the snowman a hug in the first picture.




1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent snowman! I don't see any leaves or grass. Somehow, even in deep snow, I have problems with that. Glad you guys had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete