Friday, December 14, 2012

No peeking Grandmas!

I have been waiting to post this because I know Amber, Richard, and Abby look at my posts and I didn't want them to see what Josh was sending them. However, if you are my mother or mother-in-law you should stop reading so you don't see what Josh made for you for Christmas.

So to begin with, Josh made "hugs" to send to my siblings he would not be seeing this year for Christmas. First, he laid down on a large piece of paper and I traced him with his arms out. Then he was allowed to color them. One of them seriously resembles a crime scene (he used mostly red on that one), however, I still think they are awfully cute.




Then Josh and I made our family into elves. I have to admit, I did a lot of this one. I realized that I wanted them to look good enough to keep for a few years and since Josh still has some trouble cutting in a straight line, he did the gluing, helped with creative vision (who has hats, colors of clothes, curly hat or straight, etc.) and handed me the brads. It was still a fun craft to do together.


Lastly, we made grandma gifts. Again I was torn. I wanted him to make something but have it look really good. I found this on pintrest (and lets be honest, I found all of these ideas on pintrest)and I thought, "Perfect! It is mostly gluing and there is some painting but it is just painting cardboard all white. Easy! Pretty!" and it was! They are candlestick "snow globes". The bird set is for Sharon and the arctic animals are for my mother. I love them. Josh learned he loved using a glue gun although he did burn both of us at least once.






So, thanks to pintrest, we have had a good time doing some Christmas crafts in the last couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! I love all these crafts! The last one really is quite beautiful, but sending a hug is one of my favorite things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute snowglobes! Gotta love pinterest!

    ReplyDelete