Friday, May 25, 2012

Spaghetti Summer

Celebrating the first official summer night with cousins. So. much. fun. One of my favorite memories is from when I was about 4ish. We had another family come for dinner. At the kid's table my mom covered the table with foil and plopped spaghetti down in a pile in the middle of the table. No plates, no utensils, nothing. Not only this but GUESTS were there to do it with us. That was the day that I realized my mom was way cooler than other moms. For a date activity for a dance in high school I had a bunch of friends and their dates and we did the same thing but we were allowed one odd kitchen utensil to eat with (whisk, etc). It was a blast. I decided to pass this on to Josh. Not that it is too weird for him because that is how he eats half of the time. BUT I did it too. The boys were shocked when they saw me plop a pile down for myself. When I took my first messy bite Josh looked at me like I was crazy. Soon we were all laughing and playing and eating. They all kept saying, "This is SO GOOD!" and "This is so much fun!" In the end, all food that was put on the table was eaten, all the kids (and I) were covered in sauce, and everyone had a smile on their face. Success.

3 comments:

  1. This is an Epic Mom Win! I can't tell you enough how impressed I am with your momminess. You are such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I can't believe how big they all are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first time that mom did this--it was before you were born when I was about 7 and we lived in California. It was right before we were getting the carpets cleaned. She put a piece of plastic down in the dining room because all the furniture was moved out of it, put us in Dad's old shirts, and threw the spaghetti in the middle. It's one of my favorite memories as a child.

    ReplyDelete