Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just another end of class breakdown

It feels like life just gets too overwhelming at the end of a semester. Lucky me, this time I get to have 2 end of the semesters in one semester! We go to two classes for 3 hours a day each everyday for 3 weeks. Then immediately start another two classes for 3 hours each everyday for another 3 weeks. This means that I am leave my home at 6:30, do homework on the bus, get to school, do homework before class, go to class for 3 hours, do homework during my 1 hour lunch break, go to my second class for 3 hours, do homework/make phone calls until bus arrives, do homework on bus, step off the bus at 5:35. I have 3 more days of the first round and I am, yet again, on my period during finals. As you can imagine, I am tired and insane. My son picks up on this and during these times, I SWEAR, he becomes a terror. Don't get me wrong, I love my child but we have been fending off behavioral therapy for almost a year and a half now because, "I should be able to do it. I will just try harder to be a good mom." I just broke down and called to get him an appointment because yesterday me and my husband both said, "I don't know how much more I can take of this." We were supposed to get help before we said that. I feel like such a failure. (I know, I shouldn't, but knowing and feeling are different) Shouldn't moms know what to do? I feel like he is just so frustrated with his lack of communication and lack of control in life that he is acting up. If I know this, why can't I make it different? I know he needs to use his ipad more to communicate. How do I make him? I suggest it to him, I give him "bean bucks" for using it, I keep it handy, try to remember to take it places with us. But he is not using it in such a way as to decrease his frustration. Why? How do I change it? I don't know. But here I am crying on the bus and some poor kid just had to sit next to the dripping girl. Oh, there, he left (changed seats, that's how disgusting I am. I know I must be because he is willing to change seats and I am on the roomiest row). So I should probably stop writing and get back to my homework. My $^&*%#@ homework. Excuse my fake French.

4 comments:

  1. Chin up. Some days look bleaker then others but each day passes. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie, katie, katie..
    hugs to you!!
    josh couldn't have a better mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt he moved because you are disgusting, he most likely moved because he didn't know what to do. If he had been a woman, I bet (s)he would have stayed.
    You are an awesome mom, don't ever doubt that. You are in a frustrating situation and you are making the best of it each day. Yes, there are days that are worse than others but you are an amazing woman who has more strength than any 10 of the rest of us. I know I'm 1300 miles away but if there's ever anything I can do, just say the word and I will. I love you more than any words will ever be able to express. Don't give up, good things are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. I promise it gets better. You are a wonderful mother and Josh is a beautiful boy. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete