Monday, June 11, 2012

Bird feeders

Today Josh and I went on a "nature" scavenger hunt (just around the neighborhood) to find pine cones. To find them I told him about the differences between deciduous trees and evergreens. Then we looked for "the pokey kind" (since he never really seemed to differentiate if I just said evergreen) to look for the pine cones that grew and fell off of them. We found many different kinds but I described what kind we needed to find and when he found other ones we could compare to see if they were in fact, the right kind. We found 5 really good ones. Then the fun part. First you take the pine cone and tie a string around the top. Then cover it with peanut butter And more peanut butter... Then roll it in the bird seed And then you hang it up! And then you attempt to take a cute picture of you and your son with the bird feeder in the background which proves impossible because: He looks like he is dead drunk/high the camera focuses on something else besides you are wrestling him down which does nothing for either of your hair or it finally focuses and he smiles but you forget to because you are trying so hard to get him to smile. So then you try him alone with mixed results

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I love all of these Josh stories! You are such a good mom, reading your stories makes me happy on a cellular level! We miss you guys so much! I cant believe how much he has grown, he is getting so handsome too :) I especially love that first picture! Though the others made me laugh so hard I had to go get more throat spray :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you are a great mom. Where's your photographer husband when you need him though? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love this! When you posted some of these on FB I HAD to show them to Branden and neither one of us can believe how big he is! Keep up the good-mom-work! Love you both! That's a lot of exclamation points!... And I'm just gonna leave them there. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having so much fun with my grandchildren. James and I took Josh and his cousins to the zoo and we had such fun. Josh loves the monkeys and the elephants. They were our first stops. When I got out the treats, graham crackers with peanutbutter and chocolate icing Josh ate about six whole crackers. It is hard to believe, but true. He is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete