Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bruce Wayne?

So if you have been reading my blog for any amount of time you will know that my son likes to dress up as many different superheroes. Now that it is hot, he often just puts on a cape and/or mask instead of the whole get up. Even so, I still play along. I will say, "Oh my goodness! It's Batman!" He grins and lifts his mask with a look that says "Won't she be surprised?". "DOSH!" "Josh?" one big head nod "Oh, I thought you were Batman!" Huge grin. He pulls down the mask and we do the whole thing over again. Sometimes we add in, "You know, there is a rumor that Batman is actually Bruce Wayne." Shakes the head no then shows me who Batman really is. The most interesting thing is that I think he really believes it. Not that he is Batman necessarily, but that when he is wearing the mask I can't tell who he is. There is just something so sincere about his face when he pulls up the mask. A look that is both reassuring and amused. Like when a parent tells the secret to a magic trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment