Friday, June 8, 2012

WUSTE!!

(The title of this post should be yelled) So this is the 3rd year my husband and I have been to Wuste (the biggest car show in the Western United States, which just happens to be in Las Vegas). I love it. It is hot, we get to swim (although I did homework instead this year), plus stay in a hotel (which I love doing), play in Vegas (which is still pretty fun), and see some amazing cars. The cars are amazing! This year there were 2,000 cars and 8,000 people at the show. I will not bore you with the details of these cars because I know those of you reading my blog do not care about that but they are SO COOL! But I have found my favorite parts of Vegas are not all of these things. First of all, I love to see my husband in his element. He knows everything about everything, I swear. People are constantly asking his opinion or how to fix this or that. He is more than respected. Last year, we were walking out of our room and the guy across the hall said, "Tyler? Tyler Davis?" "Greg!" I was lost for a moment but came to find out that they have been talking online for years. Greg kept saying all weekend that Tyler was a "scene celebrity". I laughed it off but for two years it has proven to be true. People come up to him and gush about his engine building thread. People he does not know have been following him for years. I just love seeing him surrounded by people who appreciate his knowledge and experience. The other thing that I love: People think that I am awesome. Probably because I love the car show and because of my husband I know more about cars than other girls. But this year I may have found the actual reason that people think that I am awesome. I have heard about Tyler's friend Thomas for years. I met him for the first time at Wuste. He yelled my name with a huge smile and hugged me like we have known each other for years. He spoke of how excited he was to meet me and how amazing I am. All of this he has gotten from talking to Tyler. I heard a few times from different people this year of the sweet things Tyler says behind my back. It isn't that I was surprised that he thinks so highly of me, but I just imagined that he only talked cars with them when apparently some of the time he has been bragging about his "cool wife". I love that man.

4 comments:

  1. AWW! I'm happy to hear that he knows what a catch you are!
    The way that the internet has allowed people from all over to "get together" and learn from each other is simply amazing. How cool that you guys have had a chance to meet some of his friends in person.
    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a happy story! I'm so glad you both had such a good time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww... how sweet your hubby is! I am so glad you go to do something fun! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete