Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bullied Bus Monitor

I do not normally post news stories of humans at their worst. I may talk about it but I feel that most people know how bad other people can be. However, when I watched this, http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/21/155491802/bullied-bus-monitor-wants-apology-but-still-believes-all-kids-arent-bad(**WARNING** Watch this video without kids or with earphones, there is bad language) I was outraged. Actually, I didn't even finish it. I couldn't I only got about 3 minutes in (it is 10 minutes long)and for my own well being I could not finish. Children are getting more and more disrespectful and nasty. Parents: we need to stop this! We need to speak to each other and treat each other in such a way that our children know what is okay and what is not. Everyone: We need to be kind to everyone. We need to stick up for others. I believe if we do not want our futures and our children's futures to look like this, we have to change ourselves and our children NOW. I will step off my soapbox, if any of you want to use it, feel free.

4 comments:

  1. Remind me of this on Saturday. My typing fingers aren't working but I would like to talk about this with you because this is one of the reasons I will homeschool my children. I see nothing wrong in protecting my children from situations like the one your hinting at above. It doesn't help them become better people or adults.

    Also, there isn't a link to a video on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following this story as well. I thought I'd share this link with you:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home
    Though it is in no way a solution to the problem, (I agree with you, Parents are the solution to this problem)It helped me hate humanity a little less :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG IT! I hate it when the link doesn't work. I just added the link and here it is again just in case:

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/06/21/155491802/bullied-bus-monitor-wants-apology-but-still-believes-all-kids-arent-bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched the video yet but was told about it. I have to say, there are some great 14-15 year old boys who come into my work without their parents and are always polite and kind. They give me hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete