Monday, September 17, 2012

I have been heard!

There are days that I feel that I could yell and scream and I would still never be heard. I feel like a version of Mr. Cellophane: "If someone stood up in a crowd and raised his voice up way out loud and waved his arm and shook his leg, you'd notice him. If someone in the movie show yelled, "Fire, in the second row this whole place is a powder keg!" You'd notice him.....Unless of course, that personage should be invisible, inconsequential me." But not today. I posted my frustrations about voice choices for my son's speech app, proloquo2go, on a blog for parents of children with disabilities. Honestly, I was just hoping one of them had more technology experience and could give me advice or at least empathy. But no, the answer I received was from Laura Pope the networking and social media employee of assistiveware, the maker of proloquo2go! She apologized for my frustrations and gave me a link to new voices! I am so thankful to be heard. It seems like such a little thing, a voice, but it is the only one he has and it shouldn't sound like a robot. Thank you Proloquo2Go! Thank you for going out of your way to listen and to give people what they need!

1 comment: