Saturday, September 1, 2012

Josh's birthday 2012

Josh is obsessed with superheroes right now so of course we needed to have a superhero themed 6th birthday party. I didn't want to spend a million dollars and so I searched pintrest and the internet for some good ideas. There was a LOT of preparation involved, more than a weeks worth. Tyler often said, "Does this boy know how much you love him?" as I was bent over something at midnight trying to finish it. "Of course he doesn't. He is only 6. He can't imagine how much I love him." In the end it was all worth it. We invited cousins, Brooklyn, and some kids from church (first time for this but I think it worked out). As they arrived, they got to get their pictures taken in front of the backdrop I made. If they did not have a costume or wanted to switch it up we had a basket of dress up items.(There were almost a million pictures, the kids kept asking me to take more, so here are the best ones)
Then we decorated masks and played pin the cape on Batman. Sadly I do not have pictures of these. The kids loved our cardboard Batman. They ended up beating him to death in the end so we don't have pictures of him either. Then we had the pinata. It was a little heavy and it only made it through a couple of good whacks but the kids had fun anyway.
Then we had cupcakes. Be amazed, be very amazed. I spent about 3 1/3 hours making these toppers. They are made out of candy melts.
I didn't actually get pictures of him blowing out candles because I ran out of battery on my camera. Technically, the cupcake picture is a picture of the leftover cupcakes. It was a great party though.

5 comments:

  1. It was such a great birthday party! I know Brooklyn had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Richard is jealous, and says that you now have to fly out and throw his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I would LOVE to throw him his birthday, and I will be out of school!...oh wait, I have no money. Let him know if I can hijack a plane I will be there!

      Delete
  3. That looks like it was TONS of fun! The cupcakes turned out really well. Wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete